Thursday, September 17, 2009

Waffles and Yogurt at Red Mango

I'm sure the first thing that came to your mind is "Why did this guy order a waffle when Red Mango is known for its yogurt?" And the answer is simple- my friend got the yogurt and variety always makes life exciting. And then you wonder "Why feature the waffle first?" Simple, it's what I ordered, so on to the waffle! What I had was a banana and almond waffle. Each order is actually two quarter-pieces with each piece looking like a heart due to the design of the waffle iron. They gave just the right amount of banana and almond with a good amount of syrup and a generous serving of cream. The waffle they served was more on the soft side while I prefer mine firm. If memory serves me right, I paid P84 (around $1.70) for the dish and it's a good price for a tasty and substantial dessert in Greenbelt 3, Makati City.

My friend Tonette got an order of yogurt with kiwi. One thing that you've noticed that all these yogurt shops have the same similar toppings and basically the main difference is the yogurt itself. Just to let you know, the yogurt used in Red Mango was sweeter than the one I tried in another shop before. Some people will say that the more sour the frozen yogurt is, the more "pure" it is. Personally, I like my dessert sweet so bonus points to Red Mango. Remember, these yogurt dishes will always vary depending on the topping(s) you choose and if your combination isn't good, you only have yourself to blame.

All-in-all, I was impressed with the food. Red Mango fell behind in the presentation with some messy plating- my waffles had some loose cream on the side of the plate and my friend's yogurt had kiwi bits up one side of the bowl and dribbling down the same side. A cleaner plating would have helped, but the food was good so I'm going back to see what else they have to offer.









































1 comment: