Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Buffet at POC


While visiting my friend in New Jersey, we could not decide on where to eat dinner so we turned to her son who happily said "POC!" I asked what "POC" was and she said it was a buffet place called Port of Call they sometimes go to. Looks like we found a place to have dinner!
Located in Hackensack, NJ, this place has the tagline American Fusion and Sushi. The first thing that came to mind was the Crossover buffet in the Triple V restaurants back in the Philippines where you get your American food from the Dads section and the Japanese food from the Saisaki section. My friend told me that one of the main reasons they go there is because the restaurant prioritizes the taste of the food more than the number of dishes… so quality over quantity in this case. And I have no problem with that!

I started with a plate of various nigiri sushi and rolls.
Then lamb from the carving station. I also got mint jelly, sautéed mushrooms, stuffed potato half, fries, bacon-wrapped potato with a bit of macaroni and cheese. There was a sign that due to a limited supply of lamb, they only gave two servings per person. We took that to also mean “on each trip to the carving station” so we still go our fill of lamb.

Then steak from the carving station with more mushrooms, rice, mashed potatoes and a side of creamed spinach.
And to sashimi, with a piece of tamago nigiri sushi, grilled shrimp and hot shrimp salad.

My last plate before dessert was a cocktail platter- crab legs and shrimp with some edamame (soy bean) since I have not had that in a long time.
And finally dessert- crème brûlée and soft serve ice cream with a cookie and chocolate I swiped from the chocolate fountain. I was hoping that the chocolate would turn into a nice crunch shell but it did not in this case.







I was happy we ended up going to POC. I had good company, satisfied my cravings for sushi (only one week into my New York trip and I could not believe I wanted sushi) and had a lot of yummy food, what more could you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment