Monday, June 22, 2015

Burrito at Chipotle

Most people have a list of their favorite eating places to visit when they go to New York and Chipotle is at the top of my mom’s list, so we decided to go to the branch near Union Square. My mom and my sister got tacos and a taco salad, respectively, but there was only one thing on my mind when I walked through those doors- burrito time!

Ever since I discovered Chipotle, I have always ordered their burritos. What I like this restaurant is that customers have a degree of customization where they can choose three of the items that go into their burrito. That being said, customers have their choice of meat (steak, pork, chicken, etc.), the rice (brown or white) and the beans (pinto or black). It has been roughly two and a half years since my last Chipotle burrito, so I decided to live dangerously and ordered a steak burrito with black beans and the cilantro-lime brown rice. I was even feeling adventurous enough to add guacamole to my order, a first for me. The end result was a massive burrito that gave the server a lot of difficulty rolling it. In fact, the tortilla ripped and the server was about to throw it away but I told him that it was alright. To keep it from falling apart, they just used an extra layer of foil to keep everything intact.

This extra-stuffed burrito was admittedly quite a challenge. It was bigger than a can of soda and when I gripped it, my fingers did not close… and it was then I realized I was in trouble. The steak was cooked just right and went well with the fillings. Plus the guacamole added a nice little zing to the whole burrito… and the size… yes, the size… well, let’s just say that I was full until dinner and I still needed to go to the gym to run off all those extra calories. But that was definitely worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment