Monday, June 15, 2015

Lox and Bagel from the Bagelsmith

Early this year, my family and I visited my sister in New York and I was surprised to find out that my mom wanted to have bagels as our first breakfast in Brooklyn... because New York and bagels are always a good combination. Located on 189 Bedford Avenue, this is a small but cozy bagel shop that has the convenience of being open 24 hours, perfect for a late-night bagel craving or early morning hangover treat.

Interestingly enough, my traditional "last meal" for all my New York trips had always been a lox and bagel. I was not going to change that so it would be a nice thing to have one for my "first meal" this time around.
With over ten types of bagels to choose from, I got lazy (or smart depending on how you look at it) and decided on the "everything" bagel which had all their bagel toppings- sesame, garlic, poppy, onion, etc. I haven't had anything close to that in the Philippines and I like the different bits of flavors with every bite. And then we have the lox and the cream cheese. Again, contrasting to a similar order in the Philippines, I got a lot of salmon and more than enough cream cheese, probably enough for two-and-a-half more orders. Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed the whole thing- salmon, cream cheese and all.
Coming from a 20 hour flight, that was a really good welcome breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment